Thursday, May 31, 2012

His concern for me is beyond comprehension....

I have a wonderful friend and fellow believer at work named Jack. He has a heart of gold and is always looking for ways to show the love of Christ to everyone. He knows the struggles I have and shares things that he thinks will minister to my heart. I have to share the latest one with you from the book "The Cure" by John Lynch, Bruce McNicol and Bill Thrall.

"God never tells me to get over something and just get past it. Never. Instead, He asks me to trust Him with every circumstance. That involves communicating with Him honestly, in detail, until I'm sure I've left nothing out. He wants to hear it all. He wants to enter into every tear, every detail. He's been waiting for this moment. He's watched me go it alone. Now He will sit, elbows on knees, chin resting on hands, listening to every single word. I must sigh, cry, shriek, or howl, until He's certain I'm done, that I've gotten it all out."

The visual of Him sitting, elbows on knees, chin resting on hands, listening to every single word moves my heart so deeply. I deliberately didn't add a picture to this post because I want this to be the picture in your mind and heart. Sometimes we get so caught up in His awesomeness, His majesty and the fact that He is Ruler over the entire universe, we forget about His availability to us, 24 hours a day. And He isn't just available, He is REALLY interested in the things important to us and NEVER wants us to carry our pain alone. As abuse survivors it can feel that the pain of our wounds is more than we can bear. Honestly, I think it is without Him. I can't imagine having to deal with my heartache alone. Feel free to rant and rave, scream and shout, pound the walls and the floor.....He wants us to give every drop of our pain and woundedness to Him. Believe me when I tell you that I have and always found that in return, He offered the healing touch of His tender love for me as His little girl and has that same tender love for you.

"The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish. Look upon my affliction and my distress....." Psalm 25:17, 18

"O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me." Psalm 30:2

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuse in him."
Psalm 34:8

No comments: