Friday, May 25, 2012

I can't fix anything by myself.....


My devotional "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young has a way of just reaching in and speaking to my fears. That being said, I had to share today's reminder with you.

"THE WORLD IS WITH YOU TOO MUCH, My child. Your mind leaps from problem to problem, tangling your thoughts in anxious knots. When you think like that, you leave Me out of your world-view and your mind becomes darkened. Though I yearn to help, I will not violate your freedom. I stand silently in the background of your mind, waiting for you to member that I am with you.

When you turn from your problems to My presence, your load is immediately lighter. Circumstances may not have changed, but we carry your burdens together. Your compulsion to "fix" everything gives way to deep, satisfying connection with Me. TOGETHER, we can handle whatever this day brings."

The highlighted part above...."Your compulsion to "fix" everything".....as I have said before, stems from our abuse as children. However, that doesn't mean we have to accept it with the mindset of "That is just the way that I am." Invite the Lord into your thought processes and ask Him to remind you of verses like those below. Stand on the truth that is in God's Word and be assured that the peace we so desperately crave.....will never come until we stop trying to fix everything ourselves and start handing it over to Him.

 "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17 

No comments: