Wednesday, June 6, 2012




"The peace that I give you transcends your intellect. When most of your mental energy goes into efforts to figure things out, you are unable to receive this glorious gift. I look into your mind and see thoughts spinning round and round: going nowhere, accomplishing nothing. All the while, My peace hovers over you, searching for a place to land.

Be still in My presence, inviting Me to control your thoughts. Let My light soak into your mind and heart, until you are aglow with My very being. This is the most effective way to receive My peace."

Excerpt from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young

I have talked about this before but it bears repeating. The abuse we suffered as children hard wired us to analyze and try to figure out our circumstances. We were trying to make sense of the insanity that we were living in. In the past I have done it to the point of wanting to tear my hair out from the frustration of being unable to stop my analyzing! There are still times I struggle to figure everything out that comes my way in this complicated thing called life. However, I don't struggle with it like I used to. I can honestly say I have more peace in my life than I've ever experienced before.

So....how did I stop? I have heard many who struggle with anxiety due to over analyzing say that they just don't know how to stop. Well, neither did I. I tried using drugs and alcohol to stop me from over thinking but found they only made me analyze more. There was no place of rest from my mind but that's because I was trying to stop it. However, God's Word states very clearly that there is only one Source of assistance with this. Isaiah 26:3 says "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you." Verse 12 says "LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us." For years, I have been asking, even begging the Lord to make me the woman HE wants me to be, the woman HE created me to be. I am here to offer hope because as time passes, I see Him making those changes in me that I have been so hungry for, yet unable to attain. I have found that it is only surrendering to Him that causes changes take place in me, LIKE over analyzing life! He died so that we could have peace. He yearns for us to be full of His peace. But like verse 12 says.....everything that is accomplished in our lives is only through Him. So, the next time you're in the middle of the hurricane of your thoughts.....call out to Him. Keep calling out to Him. Don't ever stop asking Him to change the way you think and while it won't happen overnight, He will be true to His Word. As a result, you will find you have increasing levels of peace in your heart and life despite the mounting insanity of the world around us.

No comments: