Saturday, November 25, 2006

Relationship

I just spent several hours having communication with my sweetheart and a couple of friends. I am amazed at how much time is required for relationships to be maintained as well as deepened. I can see that is why so many don't really view life as being about relationships
anymore. It takes time, effort, energy, commitment and desire to build relationship with others. But I become more aware all the time, that real life, truly living, is nothing but relationships! So I have made a promise to myself that I will not let time get away from me and cause me to forget what really makes my life worth living and that is you, the people in it.
I would encourage you to choose just one person that you care about but haven't talked to in a while and take 15 minutes out of your day today and make time to call them. Or maybe life has been so hectic the last week that you have not really "seen" your spouse or children all week. Then take 15 minutes to stop the craziness and just reconnect and say, "I love you and I am so glad that you are in my life". The reward will be worth the time I promise you. Have a wonderfully real day today.

1 comment:

plants said...

I am so blessed to be 'the guy'!! I agree that the nature of this world isn't conducive to relationships, 'stuff' seems to push that away. Even when people spend time together, they often don't talk or really communicate. Thanks for the reminder to cultivate relationship today. I know God created us for bonding with one another.You certainly are worth the energy!