Sunday, November 26, 2006

Painful Growth

I almost did not write today because Sunday is the hardest day of the week for me but then thought that it might be good to be transparent. I go to a women's support group that is for a specific form of abuse and it is very, very hard to go sometimes and afterwards I often feel so empty that I don't make any plans for Sunday evenings. But I say this, not to make you feel sorry for me or feel bad, but to make a point. I do this class every week because I am aware that there are things in me that keep me from being the best servant of the Lord that I can be, that keep me from being the best friend that I can be and keep me from loving Neil the very best that I can be. So I just want to encourage you to look and be willing to see areas where growth (although painful) is needed in you. The people in our lives are affected by the areas of weakness in us every single day and like I said yesterday, the people in my life are what makes my life so wonderful and worth living... so....in my book, they deserve the VERY BEST that I have to give!

1 comment:

plants said...

You make a very interesting point, those areas in my life that need healing and growth are directly connected to my inability to open myself to relationship and love, the very barriers I erect end up primarily hurting, me. Thanks for opening your heart, even on a day when it hurts, my beloved!