Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It's been a while....but His work continues!

I have sat down in front of my computer several times to write and just felt too exhausted to try and express my feelings about events in my life. Because as usual there is a lot that has gone on. The Lord continues to allow my faith to be tested in regards to employment. I was let go on yet another job as of Friday so I am currently unemployed, AGAIN! But what I am learning is that I can only do that best that I can do, when I am on a job and then when I don't have a job and am looking. When I look at the sum total of the last last 3+ years, bottom line, I have had all my needs taken care of. Consistently. So when I start to panic, I just look around and realize that I have no real reason to fear. The Lord has used various "saints" that have helped me through the lean times and while I desperately want to take care of my financial needs with no assistance, I am aware that He has used them to get me through. I have continued to work at jobs that have brought me to tears for being treated badly or other difficulties and I have not quit. I know that the Lord appreciates my willing heart and I am not bragging, I just realize that working in harmony with my prayers for a permanent job is necessary. That He doesn't just want me to sit here and pray for His help while not actively working towards what I need. So here I am, counting on the Lord to provide as well as finding ways to try and help myself.
I am aware that more than likely, you also have had things happen in your life over the last month that have been difficult, since that seems to be the way of life these days. I pray that you also are able to lift these things up to the Lord with confidence in His provision as well as the ability to see some ways that you can also help yourself. And, well, the wisdom, to know which one is appropriate. I have missed sharing with you and want to be clear that though I have not written, the Lord has continued to work in my heart in areas needed. I am going to try and focus on sharing more often and pray that you continue to be blessed by His hand in my life. Truly, everything in my life is about His work and boy, oh boy, is there much work left for Him to do!
May the Lord keep you in His care till we talk again!

1 comment:

plants said...

Out here on the open range, a cowboy (or cowgirl) isn't respected so much for their ability to ride as their willingness to get back on when thrown off, personally I feel much more comfortable with a partner whose been dusted a few times, than some slicker who don't know which end to kiddy up!! I'd be proud to tie ole dollar to your hitching post any ole time!! (no disrespect entended Mam!)